Math & Science Night
Discoveries abound at Math & Science Night!
Thursday, March 7, 2019
THE REGISTRATION FORM IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. THE DEADLINE TO REGISTER IS FEBRUARY 28, 2019.
What is Math & Science Night?
This event is a fun way to encourage scientific thinking and allow students to showcase their knowledge and interest in a wide range of math and science concepts.
Students may create a display board that explains a math concept, a scientific topic, or the results of an experiment.
Students may also bring in a model or other visual aid to demonstrate their math or science concept.
During the event, students will talk about their project and answer questions from other participants.
The entire Ben-Hem community is invited to attend and view the projects.
Who can create a math/science project?
Any student in K-4th grade. You may have up to 2 students per project. Each presenter will receive a certificate of participation.
What are the rules for each project?
• Adults can help gather materials, supervise any experiments, and help to build the display.
• Experiments cannot be performed during the Math & Science Night. However, brief demonstrations
are permitted as long as they meet all of the remaining criteria of the event.
• Models, demonstrations, and other visual aids are permitted; however, they must fit with your display
board on one-half of a cafeteria table.
• No nuts of any kind can be used in your display.
• Please indicate on the form if you require an electrical plug. We will do our best to place you near
one; however, please bring any extension cords needed.
• Any and all visual aids, models and/or demonstrations must not involve liquid substances (though at-
home experiments may).
• No glass permitted.
• No living animals are permitted.
• No flammable substances are permitted.
In addition, it's important that each student practices safe experiment techniques at home. Parent supervision is encouraged.
Where can I go if my student needs help picking a project?
There are many great resources online. Click here for a few suggestions: http://www.benhempto.org/Programs/student-events/math-science/math-science-night-resources
When is Math & Science Night?
Participants will arrive at 6:30 pm on March 7th to set up displays. Ben-Hem families are invited from 7 to 8 pm to soak in all the discoveries made.
How do I sign up?
Please use the Registration Form below to sign your child up for this fun event. Registration is online only. The deadline to register is February 28th.
Please e-mail email@example.com